Sunday, May 22, 2011

A version of Cathedral Window



I've completed a baby quilt called a version of Cathedral Windows. I took two classes in April , I was really excited as I really like the original pattern. I've made a pillow top with the original version and one day would like to make a full quilt. This version would be to hard to make anything much larger then a baby quilt, wall hanging or small throw. I was really disappointed and had lots of frustration getting this together. At first I started quilting with losing thoughts of how I needed to pin baste the quilt better, What was I thinking??? I had only pin basted in the posts! What a shock I had when I turned it over to take a look at the back, I had gone only in one direction at that point. So.. I sure didn't want to add this to my stack of UFO's and waste the cost of the fabric, And it's a gift for a new baby that's on it's way. I picked all that I had stitched OUT! PATIENTS ... PATIENTS.... I pin basted enough to hold it together. But working threw five layers of fabric at times without it shifting, (is it just me or can you see where this would be hard to do) I can tell you it isn't an easy job, at least not for me, not when you have to stitch in a half circle directions! I kept getting disappointed and kept encouraging myself to continue! I'm at the easy part now of adding the binding, I wanted to cut the binding on the bias, but decided I just wanted to get this little quilt completed so, I chose the easiest way without any further frustration. I'm hoping when I wash it, that will hide a multitude of things I wasn't happy with .





Each window is folded back to show off the fabric behind the folded half square triangles and then stitched very close to the edge. Frustration is put aside... so happy I can take a nice deep breath of relief that it's done ... I keep thinking this is NOT A QUILT TO BRAGE ABOUT! It's a love quilt to be loved and to cuttle with!

I hope everybody is having a nice relaxing day and all your quilting problems are little ones or easy corrected!

Have a Happy DAy
Crissie

No comments: