Friday, May 13, 2011

May 13, 2011







Spring if finally here.... Don't you just love the spring flowers?


I posted to my BLOG yesterday and this morning for some unknown reason it would not work and was no longer on line? So I'm trying once again.
I love spring flowers ! I just wish all the beautiful flowers could last a little longer for our enjoyment!

These are orchids my son Eric grew this year, he has many of his grandmother plants, and I was really surprised to see how large the blooms were. I invited him to take the rest of her plants home, I think he takes better care of them then I do. I start out in the spring, love working in the garden but then fall short of following through during the hotter weather. I think too he's got a better protected location then I've got. My mother use to bring all her plants into her kitchen when she knew it was going to be colder then normal. That's what's great about having a large kitchen!


This is one of my UFO's I completed last year, it was fun collecting all the small flower prints and I had so much fun quilting all kinds of flowers, leafs and swirls.
Work in Progress " Quilts in Bloom" Block of the month

Well I guess it's no longer a Block of the month, it was started October 2009, this is Miss Lily block number 6 ... half way there is a good feeling!
I'm working on block seven now, this is Miss Poppy. Now that this in on my BLOG I see the bottom part needs a little adjustment. Looks lopsided to me? Good thing some are just glue basted down. Back to the light box!

Yes! Another UFO, this was started in 2004 maybe 2003? It's a quilt for my grand daughter who has always loved balls when she was a baby the only thing she wanted was a ball. She's almost 21 and still loves basket ball. I felt she might have grown past wanting anything to do with ball but is excited she is getting her quilt.

It's a little difficult to see the patter but I completed it yesterday and am ready to add the binding then I'll take a full picture so the pattern shows up better.


The girls have a new cat house with feathers, I'm not sure how long those feathers will last? Right now they are on dove watch...With kitty vision of how fun it would be to chase those doves... good thing there's a patio door between them! Out with the old cat tree in with the new cat house...
Miss Paws
Here is Austin and his friend Tina, Gosh it's almost time for Grandma's youngest grandson to go to kindergarten this coming September. Tina is always by his side and is such a good little girl.

No comments: