Sunday, December 5, 2010

Maple Tree Almost Winter~


My pretty little Maple Tree shows it's almost winter!
I completed my friend's Bee's Knee's Quilt, and by now she has the binding on.

After completing Bee's Knee's I finished this quilt Gerry made for a friend, I just did a large meandering all over, I really liked the effect and it kept the quilt nice and soft. Of course this went real fast! I LIKE THAT! This is a gift from or group of ladies, we want to give to Patty for Christmas, Gerry did all the work, This is for our Bible Study Leader, I know she'll be really happy. I really like the blocks and the way this turned out, Gerry will add the binding.
I made the label and sewed it into the corners so she can catch it in the binding, I've stitched it on the two sides that are on the quilt. Patty wanted it patriotic, I was wishing for the sail boats that Gerry made to be added that Gerry made, but they got voted out! It was said they were to white? Wonder if I could applique them on the back..... Gerry did such a great job on the little sail boats! I can ask can't I?
Quilt Inspector are taking a brake....
These Quilts were made using the same line of fabric's (I think). Pattern Sweet Sugar Swirls....
A few of the girls took a class at Thimble Creek.


I hope everybody is getting ready for Christmas~ decorating and keeping warm. It's almost time to start cooking candy and cookies isn't it?

Quiltlingly Yours, Crissie

No comments: