Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Day After Christmas





I hope everybody had a great Christmas and today is a day of rest or is it a day when we all have to catch our strength and get ready for the New Year?
We had a very nice Christmas Eve and enjoyed two of our three sons and two grand children. We had a nice dinner and exchanged gifts. On Christmas day it was just Jonny and I we did a lot of nothing and just ate left overs as my refrigerator is full, kind of a lot for just two people to eat.
I made Lynn's Raspberry Shortbread recipe. When she posted her steps in making her's last year, her's looked like something Martha Steward made, mine looked as if it were something Elanor Burns tossed over her shoulder. There aren't very many ingredients so I don't know how I could go wrong but it was as if there wasn't enough moisture? Just Butter, Flour, sugar and the jam? I do not know how Lynn kept her's so nice and neat? I had crumbs from one end of the pan to the other. But you know the old saying "Looks aren't every thing"? They were really good and didn't last that long, so that's a good thing~

And this is for Gerry.... click twice Gerry and you'll be able to see detail a little better~


Maybe you all have a Very Happy New Year~

Quiltlingly Yours,
Crissie

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Crissie your cookies look delicious! Happy New Year!