Thursday, February 9, 2012

Miss Bell is completed.. ... at a snails pace. Just a few embroidery stitches and it will be ready to add to the others that are waiting to be joined together a total of twelve blocks and I started this in 2009, I've been competing the applique work and then I'll go back and add the embroidery. I feel like I'm moving at a snails pace and wonder if I'll ever get these all completed? This is block number 8, so I'll be starting Miss Zinna #9. I'm not like Eleanor Burns with doing a quilt in a day. Remember the story about the Rabbit and the Snail race? I'm sure I am that little Snail. But something like that old TV show "The A team" I like it when a plan all comes together. I would surely win if we had a contest of UFO's.
If only I could stay focused and not fall in love with things that keep tugging at my heart.

The group I belong to has started working on a scrappy quilt something like this one. We've been having fun going through all our scraps digging out scraps, pressing and cutting into the different sizes, lots of half square  triangles. Love this quilt too! 
Just another day in a quilters world. 
Where is Winter?



3 comments:

Karen said...

A beautiful applique basket!

Nancy said...

You have a lovely blog. Would you consider adding the new gadget to allow subscription via email? Makes it so much easier to follow a nice blog. Thanks.

Unknown said...

Hello LOVES 2
I was hoping you could tell me where l could find a pattern for the scrappy star quilt. The colors are so beautifully put together. l have darks that need a home. Love your blog. Thank you AUDREYWHITSON41@GMAIL.COM